Southern Cross Scholars 2018
To celebrate the launch of a new range of innovative degrees including Australia’s first degree in coastal engineering, Southern Cross University has doubled its scholarship pool for 2018.
The new $100,000 scholarship program will not only help attract a diversity of talented new students to new programs, but also help create a new cohort of student leaders ready to contribute to the University and the community.
A total of 40 Southern Cross Scholars will not only get a $2,500 award; they will also receive training and advice on how to build their personal digital profile and to create effective social media posts; have opportunities to act as ambassadors for Southern Cross and become part of the Vice Chancellor’s student caucus — a group that will play a key role in consulting on University decision-making.
Complete the 2018 SCU Scholarship Application by 30 November 2017 for Session 1, 2018
Scholarships offers will be made from 15 December 2017.
Up to 40.
$2500 in first year of study.
In addition recipients will receive the following additional benefits:
- Receive training and advice in development of a personal digital profile based around LinkedIn, providing the skills to develop an online portfolio of contacts, and information to help them prepare for a career
- Be welcomed at a special reception hosted by the Vice Chancellor during their first week of study
- Be required to produce at least two social media posts about life at Southern Cross, with the opportunity to undertake training and development to produce more material later on
- Have the opportunity to apply to become a paid Southern Cross student ambassador during their studies if they wish to.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any future student commencing in any undergraduate program. Studying on-campus at either Coffs Harbour, Lismore, the Gold Coast or online.
Applicants for the Southern Cross Scholars program must be commencing study in any undergraduate program at either the Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore campus or online. Selection will be based on:
- Student must be a commencing student (Future student) of Southern Cross University in 2018.
- Full-time enrolment in a Southern Cross University course in 2018.
- Quality of the 200 word response to the .proposition – “Why I would make a great Southern Cross University Ambassador?”
- Evidence of a high standard of academic achievement to date.